On March 24, 2018, at St. James Anglican Church (Kansas City, MO), I was ordained as a transitional deacon by the Right Reverend Leo Michael into the Sacred Order of Deacons of the Diocese of the Holy Trinity and Great Plains in The Holy Catholic Church Anglican Rite (HCC-AR).
- We hold to the doctrines of the first seven ecumenical councils prior to the schism between east and west in 1054 AD.
- We believe the Holy Scriptures to be the revealed Word of God, containing all things necessary to salvation, and that salvation is found only through Jesus Christ.
- We believe the Apostles’ and Nicene creeds to be sufficient statements of personal faith.
- We believe in the seven sacraments—outward signs of inward and spiritual grace.
- We believe in the real presence of Christ in the Holy Eucharist and deem it as a mystery.
- We recognize and support the sanctity of human life, beginning at conception.
- We believe that marriage – defined as the lifelong union of one man and one woman – is God’s loving provision for procreation and family life, and that sex outside such marriage is against God’s law.
- We accept the ordained ministry of male Bishops, Priests, and Deacons in Apostolic Succession (as in Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox churches), and as in Eastern churches, married men may be ordained.
- We worship using the traditional 1928 Book of Common Prayer, the Anglican Missal, the American Missal and the 1940 Hymnal.